Friday night Reas called to say he was on his way home from work, but he had one stop to make first. I said, "What are you up to?" He said, "None of your business." I said, "Oh." He said, "See ya." We hung up and I waited. I didn't think he was surprising me with dinner because he would have tried to figure out if I was already cooking something. It wouldn't be flowers because he'd already given me flowers on Valentine's Day. Maybe he was picking up a movie, but he was acting too sneaky for it to only be that. I had no good guesses.
Thirty minutes later he walked in with a Home Depot bag. Yeehaw! Whatever it was, it was gonna be good!! Better than good actually. It was a new faucet for our new and improved bathroom!
He spent his Saturday morning playing plumber. I'm pretty sure he decided that plumbing will never be his vocation of choice, but he played along nicely despite the fact that he was squashed into a way too small of space for his large and manly frame with his legs dangling out into the hallway. Don't worry. He assures me he only has a few bruised ribs from the whole ordeal.
And ta da! It was all worth it in the end...at least I think so.
Later I asked him what made him think of buying the faucet, because we hadn't talked about it recently. He said, "I read your blog. Remember?"
I KNEW there must be a good reason for all this blogging business. If only I knew it could be so easy. Just think of all the possibilities... Hey honey! Remember how I'd LOVE to paint the cabinet too??
Haha, I love it! I never thought of using a blog for subtle husband hinting :-)
Amber said...
February 21, 2011 at 8:48 AM
oh reeeeeaaasss.... i've got a table that needs to be painted. and we live in florida. you guys could totally visit us. it could be your vacation!
robin said...
February 21, 2011 at 5:54 PM
I wonder if andy reads your blog... I wish I had a beautiful covered back patio with patio furniture. It could be like a little vaccation right outside the back door :) Good job reas. Carrie your one lucky gal.
shelly said...
February 22, 2011 at 8:46 AM
you are on your own with the painting babe.. you know that's not my thing..
Anonymous said...
February 22, 2011 at 2:16 PM