Pages

I had an Easter rabbit that I loved a lot that used to look like this:






Now I have an Easter squirrel that I'm trying to love that looks like this:







I just recently learned that the only difference between a rabbit and a squirrel is in the tail and ears. Other than those they're really pretty much the same animal. See what I mean?











































It sort of mutated from a rabbit into a squirrel with the help of a little boy who I love (more than the rabbit) and his baseball. He looks like this:







I almost got mad when it crashed to the floor only weeks after I bought it (from a REAL store, even) but I just kept hearing Marjorie Pay Hinckley's sweet voice echoing, "Save the relationship!"

I didn't get mad. A ceramic rabbit decoration isn't really worth it. My rabbit's a squirrel now and I can be ok with that. My cute boy is still happy and he learned. Hopefully, he'll be more careful.

Oh, how I'm grateful for those little moments when I'm blessed with added patience, added love, and a little more understanding than what seems normal - those times where I could easily mess up, but don't. I'm so grateful for those successful mothering moments where I am able to experience how it feels to do it right.

Those are the times that make me want to always do it right.

4 comments:

Wow! I never noticed how much bunnies and squirrels look alike! You are a good example for me, I am a beast when things are broken.

May 4, 2011 at 8:07 PM  

Ha ha ha ha you are so funny,and a good mommy.

May 5, 2011 at 9:30 PM  

You are a great mom. I forgot that sweet message yesterday, and felt crummy all day long. Way to look at the bright side and learn to love squirrels.

May 7, 2011 at 11:22 AM  

I like squirrels. :)

May 8, 2011 at 3:41 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home