I know I said there'd be no more birthday posting. I lied. I forgot that we still had Claire's party coming up. I'll make it short and sweet.
So sweet in fact, you may get a sugar high just from reading.
We had a rousing game of pin the cherry and sprinkles on the icecream cone.
Followed by a game I call "Sprinkle Dump." Simply put, shake up your construction paper sprinkles and cherries, dump 'em out, watch the kids scramble to find one of each color, and then let them glue them on their bowls of icecream.
Maybe kind of lame as far as party games go, but I needed another icecream game. It was appropriately appreciated by a group of 4-5 year olds. That's all that matters.
Next, the highlight of the party. Create your own icecream sundae - only rule , don't tell your mom how many gummy bears, marshmallows, and brownie bites you consumed by 10:00 AM or she may not let you be Claire's friend anymore.
We all know who has the coolest mom now.
We did provide fresh strawberries for those kids who were watching their figures.
All the little cuties ate and ate and ate until all were adequately over-stuffed and then we sent them home...with more candy.
What a fabulous party! The decorations are super cute!
Jori said...
May 15, 2011 at 6:50 PM
What a cute party. I want to come to Claire's ice-cream shop. Sarah loved looking at the pictures, and she wanted to know if she still lived in Las Vegas if Claire would have invited her for ice-cream. Nice job on the party!
Ingrid said...
May 15, 2011 at 7:44 PM
Very cute party. I think you just up the standard for parties around here.
Kelli said...
May 16, 2011 at 8:14 AM
the table decorations were so cute!GOOD JOB !!! it made me so happy to see claire wearing our dress :) i love the picture of claire by the front door. she looks so excited!
shelly said...
May 16, 2011 at 12:22 PM
Hungry now...
Nina said...
May 20, 2011 at 6:38 PM