Sometimes thrift stores nearly bring me to tears of joy. That's not all that hard to do, especially when I'm majorly hormonal, but today Savers' had me screamin' and dancin.'
$35.00 spent, which is a lot for me to spend at a thrift store on only clothes, but you wanna see what I brought home? I'm going to tell you either way, so humor me and say yes.
3 maternity shirts
1 school shirt for Maggie
1 pair of new flip flops for Ty (tags still in place!)
9 baby boy shirts/onesies (NINE!)
6 pairs of baby boy pants
It's been so long since we've had tiny boy clothes, I'm going crazy. The blues, browns, and lime greens, and all the lions and turtles and snails and puppies and dump trucks and monkeys have me gushing. Yes. I was definitely meant to have another boy.
For you visual people, take a look at the boyish baby cuteness.

And just because I'm a girl who likes to think about how much I saved rather than spent, I roughly estimated the value of all my purchases (everything. not just the baby stuff) based on brand and quality... easily $170.00. And that's being very moderate in my pricing.
So, THANK YOU to all you generous moms who donate all of your family's nearly brand new clothing (from stores that are too expensive for me to shop at regularly) off to the thrift store for me to sniff up.
To those women, I'm baking cookies and eating them in your honor.
I need to send you shopping for me. Good job.
Kelli said...
May 19, 2011 at 3:48 PM
Wow! You scored! I need to check out Savers some time.
Jori said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:48 PM
Isn't it fun to be buying new colors. You had some great finds. You need to come out here and yard sale with me. They are so great here.
Ingrid said...
May 20, 2011 at 5:54 PM
I am generally not a thrift store shopper, but I think I am about to become so... Great finds!!!!!!
Nina said...
May 20, 2011 at 6:34 PM
You can't help yourself - you are genetically wired to thrift shop. My Grandma Mabel would jump into her Volkswagon bug and tell us, "I'm going to grandma's favorite department store!" Macy's? Maybe J.C. Penney's? Nope. Goodwill. She had a nose for deals - she would be so proud of you! I can just hear her, "That's MY little Carrie Beth!"
Mom said...
May 21, 2011 at 7:52 PM
That is AWESOME! Our D.I's up here have for some reason upped all their prices, and the quality is not so great. Of course, I do like near (NOT in!) Ogden, which is considered the armpit of Utah :D so that may explain things a bit. :) Maybe a move to Vegas WOULD be a good thing! ;)
(We actually have family down there, so even if we never move there, and come visit, we'll have to make something work! I'm always up for ice cream! :D )
Anonymous said...
May 22, 2011 at 7:46 PM