This project is so simple and basic that I feel a little weird showing it, but I will anyway - for two reasons. First, to encourage anyone who is yet to pick up a can of spray paint to go ahead and discover the wonders of the quickest and easiest way to a lovely makeover. And second, to prove that you shouldn't rule out Dollar Tree for your newest hot home decor item.
I picked up 2 of these precious little birds at Dollar Tree - that would equal a whole $2.00. ok, plus a little more with tax.

I taped off their legs and feet to protect from overspray.

Then I went to my spraypaint cupboard and grabbed my can of almost gone white paint. I spent a whole 2 minutes giving the birds a quick coat of paint.
And then...
The joy!! I think they're about the cutest little pair of $1 birds ever.

Have I ever mentioned the fact that I can get from my driveway to Dollar Tree in 38 seconds?!
Those look great! I went to Dollar Tree for candlesticks to spray paint. I didn't see these cute little birds! I am going to have to go back.
Jori said...
May 23, 2011 at 11:01 AM
You are so darn creative! I love it! I am embarrassed to admit that my project I was going to steal from you (the wheat grass)never got finished! I bought little pots and soil, but never found the seeds. Maybe I can still squeeze it in by June 10th...we will see!
Megan R. said...
May 24, 2011 at 6:11 PM
Those look awesome, great idea!!
jrpetho said...
May 25, 2011 at 12:42 PM
I LOVE DOLLAR TREE! :) So glad someone else has the addiction! I found some little sparrows there about 3 months ago, they had a candle on their back (I know, sounds weird, but SO CUTE!). I took them home, sprayed the turquoise and LOVE them! I'll have to post them to show you.
And, my husband would NOT choose a house no matter HOW perfect it was for us, if it was that close to ANY store! :D So cool!
Anonymous said...
May 28, 2011 at 4:28 PM