Pages

Yesterday when I took the kids to school it was 64 degrees and rainy! I couldn't decide if that made it a chocolate chip cookie day, a hot chocolate day - because here 64 is definitely cold enough for that - or a fall decorating day. I decided to settle on all three. Rough day huh.













My sweet Grandma passed away last month and I was lucky enough to receive this amazing picture of her with her brother and mom. Her father, my great grandfather, died when she was only 1 year old. Anyway, I love this picture. It looked so sweet sitting on the shelf with my cute little set of happy love birds. Now that it's paired with Halloween decor it's all of the sudden looking kind of creepy and ghostlike. Not sure I want to do this to Grandma. I put the harmless cat next to it, trying to lessen the creepiness of it all. I don't think it's working though because Reas is scared of Grandma now.





I use the top of my bookcase for a wannabe mantle. Someday I'll have a fireplace with a mantel to decorate for the seasons. Oh yes I will.






Dollar Tree has these crows right now. Love them!




This lantern is really a bird feeder that I found at Target's Summer clearance a few years ago. I kept it outside for a while which is why it looks sort of dingy, even after scrubbing it good. We'll just call it rustic. I decided to bring it in after it was only attracting pigeons and their endless quantity of turds. Sorry pigeons. Take your junk elsewhere.


And in case anyone's in a baking mood here's my go to cookie recipe when regular old chocolate chip cookies don't seem to have quite enough calories. DOUBLE Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. My mom used to make these for us when we were little and honestly I just keep going back to them no matter how many cookie recipes I try. This recipe is doubled so it makes enough to feed the neighborhood for days, or in my case one big cookie loving family.





Oh, and no guilt here. These have lots and lots of oats. Healthy. Just close your eyes when adding the sugar and butter...it's easier to feel good about yourself that way.


3 C. sugar

2 C. butter

2 eggs

1/2 C. water

2 tsp. vanilla

1/2 cocoa powder

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

2 1/2 C. flour

6 C. oats

2 C. chocolate chips

Mix it all up in regular ol' cookie dough fashion. Bake for 11 minutes in a 350 degree oven, and enjoy the chocolatey chewy goodness. Make sure there's lots of milk in the fridge to go along with these ones.

2 comments:

It's raining here today, we might just have to try that delicious sounding cookie recipe. Love that picture of your grandma. Isn't it fun to have fall on it's way. It takes a long time to come to LV and Houston too.

October 9, 2011 at 11:06 AM  

your decorations look so good. I especially love the grandma picture.My cookies never come out that thick, they always go really flat. hmmm i wonder what your trick is?

October 11, 2011 at 8:53 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home