I am so excited to have a 3 year-old in the house again. Our little Claire turned three (three weeks ago), and in my opinion there isn't a more entertaining age! A little family party at home was fortunately enough for her, since I wasn't quite ready to throw a real bash. She was happy enough with her chocolate cake and purple princess crown that she wore with pride all day long.
Don't you love it when little things like a new package of princess panties is all it takes to make the day a hit?
Waiting for a big ol' piece of chocolate cake
Looking back at the pictures, I really should have at least put sprinkles on her cake.
Claire is quite an essential member of our family. Not to say that the others aren't, but in our family of all introverts, Claire kinda stands out. At the dinner table we all count on her to lead the conversation. With her chatty little self, comes a whole lot of spunk and stubborness. We love every minute of it...usually.
The future make-up artist Claire
(while squeeling with delight over the polish going on her toes): ohhhh! It looks like pinkish, purple-ish, reddish!
The therapist Claire
Make a sad face, so I can kiss you and make you happy.
Claire is always quick to give hugs and kisses and is very sensitive to how others are feeling. She loves taking care of her babies and has names for all of them (either Sarah or Emery - her two favorite little friends). Current favorites are macaroni and cheese, apples, apple juice, applesauce, -see a theme here?, "Strawberry Shortcake's Adventure on Ice Cream Island," and dancing like a princess (that involves lots and lots of twirls).
We love you Claire Bear! Don't grow up too fast.
She sounds like the funniest girl! The things she has said are hilarious! Happy B-day to Claire!
Amber and Co. said...
May 22, 2009 at 11:45 AM
I think for my birthday I want to sit down and have a conversation with Claire. I also want to go shopping with her. And make dinner with her. And get a makeover with her. I think you should send her video in to TLC now so she can get her show where she helps every kind of socially-challenged misfit she can find with her no-holds-barred approach to therapy. I love Claire!
Crystalin Dunn said...
May 23, 2009 at 1:59 PM
Happy Birthday Claire. I agree that three year olds are great, and their birthday enthusiasm is so much fun. Claire looks beautiful in her purple crown... so perfect for her. We think that Claire is pretty great too.
Ingrid said...
May 23, 2009 at 3:57 PM
Happy Birthday Claire!! I know you won't believe it, but she is kinda quite in Nursery. She is a great girl though, we love her!
Porters said...
May 24, 2009 at 5:40 PM
Claire sounds like she has MAJOR personality! I especially like that she is a clean freak...I am one too so please feel free to send her to my place to dust! I love her birthday crown. I always wanted to wear one at school when I was younger but never got a birthday crown since I had a summer birthday. Glad she has a great birthday!
Ammo and Josh said...
May 24, 2009 at 9:34 PM
It wsa fun to see her on her birthday. She is so adorable and it's fun to hear her talk and how well she talks. Hope your birthday was great.
Kim H said...
May 26, 2009 at 2:20 PM