I have a confession. I am not perfect. I know. I know. This may come as quite a shock to you, and that's why I am clearing up any confusion. Recently I was reading that people become more comfortable around you when they know of your flaws and weaknesses. Makes sense, I think. I know how I have felt around certain individuals who seem to have it all together ALWAYS. You know, the ones that make you sputter to the point where you can't seem to get 3 sensible words to come out of your mouth. Or the ones who make you so worried about doing something stupid that you go and dump your dinner in their lap. Yes, I have done that - been the dumper, that is.
So...since I like to think of myself as a good friend and would hate to put this kind of needless pressure on any of you, I've decided to put it all out on the table.
Yikes. This is kind of scary. I'm going to do myself a favor and limit myself in number.
1. Sometimes I stand in the corner of the kitchen where all my papers, coupons, directories, and shopping lists are and eat cocoa puffs so the kids don't see me. Sometimes I don't like to share. But only sometimes.
2. When a solicitor comes a knockin' I've been known to tell everyone, "SHHH...be quiet and don't move a muscle." They go away eventually.
3. I need to read more and play Mahjong less.
4. I don't floss regularly. Good thing for those biannual dentist appointments.
5. When the phone rings and there's that little delay before the telemarketer picks up, I hang up FAST. Sorry if I've hung up on you, but now you know to talk faster.
6. I should probably mop my floors more, but oh how I hate to do it. I prefer the wet rag method.
7. I love chocolate. As in I Am In Love. I don't think that's a good thing.
8. I'm kind of obsessive about having a clean house, but unfortunately only in areas that I know will be seen. Please don't look in my closets or cupboards.
9. Sometimes my kids ask me questions like, "Why are you still in your pajamas?"
10. I kill anything green or fragrant. Therefore, I'm glad our kids are white and sometimes stinky. That's WHITE as opposed to GREEN - don't get the wrong idea here.
Wow! That felt good. It's very liberating to not have so many secrets. Try it. I dare you...if you're imperfect that is.
And NO. A big nose or ugly feet do not count.
Labels: i've been thinking
Carrie you crack me up. I really enjoy your posts. How nice of Reas to make you your request. Also, I love chocolate too. You can see it in the size of my thighs! And, I love your crabby pool. However your kids don't look to crabby about it. I bet they are just grateful to cool of in that heat!
The Borman Family said...
May 11, 2009 at 11:35 PM
You always make me laugh with your great sense of humor!
Tera said...
May 12, 2009 at 8:08 AM
Thanks for breaking it to me Carrie, now I know that I'm not perfect either. ha ha. Except that instead of cocoa puffs, for me it is brownies or any kind of dessert that is just laying on the counter. I will do that at any time of the day, reluctantly I'll admit that.
Kim D said...
May 12, 2009 at 5:08 PM
oh carrie, too funny, didn't know you were a racist!--SO SO kidding, i hate to mop too, i'm bad though, i use my feet to do the wet rag method. love it, and the pjs all day are not a bad thing, saves on laundry.
Laurie Von said...
May 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM
NOW I know why we're good friends: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 10 :-)
Loved the post. Maybe I'll be brave and do it....when I get my blog up to date anyway :-)
Laura Z said...
May 13, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Oh my goodness Carrie... eating cocoa puffs while hiding in the corner. I am shocked.:) Actually I am laughing while I am picturing that. Thanks for a good laugh. I have a corner too, but no cocoa puffs for me. I go for the straight chocolate. My list would be way too long, but I'll have to try it sometime too.
Ingrid said...
May 15, 2009 at 2:28 PM
And I thought I knew you. I don't know if I can look you in the eye anymore. Actually, Miss Mary Poppins Practically Perfect in Every Way, this is showing one of your best qualities: always thinking of others. It's too bad you don't have a sense of humor to make your posts more enjoyable :)
Crystalin Dunn said...
May 15, 2009 at 6:38 PM
Hysterical!
you crack me up!
I am totally OCD about having a clean house. Love the coco puffs in the corner.
Ammo and Josh said...
May 16, 2009 at 12:43 AM
the only one on that list i haven't done before is play majong instead of read more. who knew we had so much in common? hehehe. i'm glad we do and that we both aren't perfect :)
Fulkerson Clan said...
May 24, 2009 at 11:14 AM
oh carrie, i really miss you, i just got home from a 10 day vacation and 1st thing after wiping off the cupboards, dont ask me why i felt the need to come in and instantly do that, i came to check blogs and frantically came searching for yours and maybe 2 others before i went to bed, seriously, write a book, and oi had no idea claire was so funny.
Lindsey said...
May 25, 2009 at 11:47 PM
You are so funny. You're not perfect??? I never would have guessed. You always seem to have it so together. We all have secrets. I can relate to a lot of those. I have a cupboard that I hide my stash of candy too.
Kim H said...
May 26, 2009 at 2:28 PM