Lily is now 1 month and 1 day. It's so unfair how the last month of my pregnancy seemed to last 3 years, but this past month has zoomed by in a wink! Last week I turned the corner - I'm beginning to feel normal again, rather than zombie mommy. The sure sign was when I woke up one morning and my first thought was, "I'm going to rearrange the furniture today!" I didn't actually do it because I had sick kids laying around all day, but the desire was there. That's got to count for something. Me and the Lily babe had our first trip to DI too - post partum, that is. I'm sure she felt right at home considering a great deal of her fetal development occurred while wandering around in there. After six weeks of not stepping foot in the place, it was very gratifying (and maybe a little embarrassing), when manager Leland came sprinting over to me from across the store to welcome Lily to the world. Yeah, me and him are pretty tight. Occassionally, he even knocks a few dollars off my purchases. A preferred shopper, I am.
Be back soon with blogging updates. I've slipped behind. There's a birthday to post, Primary Little League, and I need to rant about a public matter. Stay tuned. In the meantime, here are some pictures.
Ty is absolutely in love with Lily. He must kiss her 50 times a day. I love big brothers!
Labels: motherly moments
She is absolutely perfect. And I'm a little jealous that we don't have a DI here; you seem to have so much fun there!
Tera said...
May 19, 2009 at 6:18 PM
Oh, I miss your kids! Maggie looks so grown up in her sidebar photo, and Ty sitting down to gently kiss and cuddle a baby is just awesome! Thanks for telling me what you think about the changes to my blog. I've been working hard on it, maybe even becoming a little addicted to working on it. Either way, it's keeping me busy!
Crystalin Dunn said...
May 20, 2009 at 6:23 AM
Hi Carrie,
I just saw your comment on my blog and thought I would check back here to see how your new little one is doing - obviously she is in good hands. What sweet pictures of her and her brother, it brought tears to my eyes. I love watching my little ones with each other, the love, excitement, and tenderness they have for one another. You have a beautiful family!
The Fergy Bunch said...
May 20, 2009 at 7:53 PM
that you and the manager of the DI store should be on a first name basis really made me laugh! what did you ever do in salinas without a DI?
Fulkerson Clan said...
May 24, 2009 at 11:11 AM