This was a whole lot of Grape Nuts. We'll leave the culprit anonymous.
Now. The reason why I post this is to pass on some useful information. As I was sweeping up mountains of Grape Nuts, I had an "ah ha!" moment, as my Calculus teacher used to call it. Some day when you or I have a 6th grader who needs to construct a mini replica of Abe Lincoln's cabin, a dinosaur scene, or an Indian pow wow, we'll know just what material to use as a rocky terrain. The Grape Nuts will look AWESOME! I even pondered this for a while.
Here's how you do it (keep in mind I haven't actually done this, just thought about it good and long.)
Step 1: put your grape nuts in a large ziplock bag
Step 2: add some Elmer's glue to the bag. Probably a lot. maybe?
Step 3: Shaky shaky
Step 4: Dump your gluey gunk nuts onto your child's school project and spread 'em on out. The glue should make it possible to create lasting and lovely hills and valleys. Not to mention the fact that there shouldn't be near the mess when the project gets dropped.
Step 5: Let dry until nice and firm and rocky.
Step 6: Get and A+++ for creativity and wow factor.
Thanks Ty for spilling the Grape Nuts. oops I wasn't supposed to mention any names.
Labels: i've been thinking
haha! i love it! you are always stretching those creative muscles carrie :) at least those grape nuts weren't dropped onto grape nut tan carpet, then it'd be the crunch you can feel between your toes until your kids were teenagers. so is that pic going in the scrapbook along with the pic of ty scooping out the brown sugar?
Fulkerson Clan said...
September 4, 2009 at 1:01 PM
I L-O-V-E this post!!!
Ammo and Josh said...
September 5, 2009 at 1:01 PM