Template 113
10 years ago
Wow! After all the preparation that goes into laying sod, I now see that the actual laying of it is the easy part. Our little work crew consisting of Reas, his brother Keith, and two of Reas' co-workers, managed to finish out the job in only a couple of hours.
And the finished job is WONDERFUL! Every time I see a glimpse of green as I walk past the windows my heart gives a little flutter.
Labels: outdoor projects
Beautiful transformation. I love the look of grass all around. I think Reas made out easy though. In the 5 yards that JP has taken from dust bowl to luciousness, I've not ever once helped. So that you know about couplers and elbows is quite impressive. You are the woman.
And in response to my blog...come now!!! The market here is great, I know of a house just down the street....
And funny thing, the hiking spot that we went to this last weekend, has a wheelchair accessible trail. So, your idea may not be that far fetched after all. Hopefully it doesn't take you that long to come though!!! If nothing else, come back for a visit!
Tera said...
September 21, 2009 at 2:27 PM
I am so excited for you!! It looks amazing. I bet you just gaze out your window all day long now (or wish you could)
Oh, and by the way, Bryce got a kick out of your tree story. He has a few pointers for you next time you decide to cut down a tree:)
Wilcox Crew said...
September 21, 2009 at 2:57 PM
love it carrie. so happy for you and a tad jealous. i hope to update my blog with our yard progress dont hold your breath.
Laurie Von said...
September 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM
Gorgeous! I imagine it is very hard to keep grass green in Vegas. Enjoy your new beautiful yard!
Ammo and Josh said...
September 21, 2009 at 10:06 PM
how delightful... your own little green oasis in the desert. it looks great!
it must be nice to not dread the winter like we do here in new york. i'm envious of your weather. really. i could do heat.
robin said...
September 22, 2009 at 6:15 PM
wow it looks great. It will be perfect for when everyone comes in a few weeks. Your hard work payed off.
Kelli said...
September 22, 2009 at 10:36 PM
Wow Wow Wubbzy!!! Your yard rocks! So are you gonna host the 2nd annual Dunn Luau next summer? By the way, I found a website that is so hillarious, I thought you'd like it. I wrote a post about it if you wanna check it out(sorry, can't remember the url).
Crystalin Dunn said...
September 23, 2009 at 6:43 AM
It is beautiful. Oh the fun you are all going to have back there. And wait until you see how much cleaner your wood floor will stay. Grass is wonderful in so many ways.
Ingrid said...
September 24, 2009 at 3:04 PM