Pages

I've finally figured it out.  I know what I am. 
I'm an underachieving overachiever...I just made it up, but it totally fits. 

You too might be an underachieving overachiever if you:

*constantly say to yourself, "I can make that!" but then more often than not, don't actually get to it.

*keep a running grocery list throughout the week like a pro, but arrive at the store without it.

*find time to repaint the bathroom on a second's notice, but can't seem to make time to actually put the roll of toilet paper on the roll.

*volunteer to do pretty much anything that's asked of you, and later realize you've totally overbooked yourself.

*stock your fridge full of fruits and veggies so your family can eat 5 a day, but then let them go bad before you actually use them.

*spend 6 hours detailing the cute handouts for your Relief Society or Sunday School lesson, and then arrive at church realizing you don't know what you're going to say.

Now's Your Turn

Rate your underachievingness:

If 1-2 of the above statements apply to you:
you probably get annoyed at people like me

If 3-4 of the above statements apply to you:
you're doing pretty good - someday you might be able to work up to overachiever

If 5-6 of the above statements apply to you:
no wonder we're friends... but maybe we shouldn't hang out too much.


And now in the course of explaining my condition I have burned 3 pieces of toast.  That's because I am an underachieving overachiever...sometimes I tend to overestimate my ability to multitask.  Yes, that's another trademark characteristic.

Anyone else relate?

4 comments:

You're great Carrie! Perfectly imperfect!

July 23, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

so when can i come with my kids and stay a week and learn to perfect my underachieving overachieverness? yes, i can relate to several of those...:)

July 24, 2010 at 3:29 PM  

Yeah this sounds a lot like me :) makes me laugh, at least we are ot in denial about it :)

July 26, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

Oh my gosh -too funny! I was 6 for 6! Your pictures are adorable. Cute family. I'm impressed they all were looking at the camera smiling. :)

July 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home