Pages

...but I call it outwitting my child.

Today Lily has been so sad.  Everything we do to try to make her happy just seems to make it worse.  I know she's teething.  She has a cold.  She probably just feels rotten and it's so sad. The poor thing is exhausted, but whenever I put her down to try to get her to sleep she just cries...that sad, sad someone please come save me cry.  I know the difference between the save me cry and the I'm just being a stinker cry.  This was definitely the save me cry and I can't ignore that one.  SO.  You know what I did?  I made muffins which she loves, put her in the highchair, and kept those muffins coming until she konked out in the chair.  It only took two (rather large ones)- so that's not so bad, right?  And besides that, they were zucchini muffins.  Vegetables! SO healthy (only 3 cups of sugar). Who am I convincing?  No one. But she's asleep.  She was so happy in her little muffin paradise picking off every last crumb off of the paper. 

Now she's sound asleep covered in muffin crumbles and I think I've decided to let her nap it out right there.  I'm not risking waking this baby for nothin'.


7 comments:

Ohh, I remember those days! They can be rough:( I wouldn't have moved her either... By the way, your family pictures are beautiful, and I love the new layout on your blog. So cute!

July 30, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

I would have done the same. I can't how many times my kids feel asleep in the high chair. I could sometimes move them, but for the same reason you didn't you needed a moment of peace. I am glad I was able to take the other two swimming today with Parker and Madison.

July 30, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

oh my heck carrie, i LOVE LOVE LOVE ur new pics and layout on your blog. uve inspired me to bite the bullet and get nice family pics. u r a smart mom, by saving everyone's sanity. great little story tho.

July 30, 2010 at 7:27 PM  

At least you are giving your baby vegetables (in a a round about way.) I've been giving Caroline M&M's to get us through the teething can't stop crying times. I am the bad mom. I hope you enjoyed a few minutes of deserved peace and quiet.

July 30, 2010 at 8:14 PM  

This is CLAAAAAAASSIC!! Love it! Hey, a moms gotta do what a moms gotta do! Cute new layout to your blog. Love the new family photo :) My sister rocks the camera every time. Did you grow the zucchini in your garden?

July 30, 2010 at 11:53 PM  

Hallie just socked back some diet coke. Whatever works right?? ;)

August 6, 2010 at 11:34 AM  

Carrie, your photos are just mouthwatering! I can see the one of your whole family in a big (DI refinished)frame over your piano or on the big wall coming in your front door. Ooo, I'm sorry for Lily unhappiness, but way excited for Lily teeth!! I really, really love the new blog look. Congrats!

August 7, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home