Pages



Happy birthday to our big 2 year-old...





There has always been something special about this girl. I know she's going to go places. She knows it too.





She's never been one to back down without a fight, and she has always known what she's wanted. That's made for a wild ride these last 2 years.


While she won't be winning any prizes for being our easiest child, she has stretched me as a mom in ways the others never came close to doing. There have been tears and fears on both ends wondering if we'll make it through another day...or night.


We're both better because of it.


Of course, there have been so many good times too. Those get us through the rough patches.


If I'm being totally honest, I'm scared out of my mind about what she might have to teach me during this next year.


We can do it, Lily. We're in this together. We chose eachother a long time ago, and I know we're a family for a reason. We need eachother.


You keep flashing that smile and giving those tight neck hugs, and I'll do my best to understand you. I'll be your mom - your best friend.




7 comments:

lily's two? LILY'S TWO!? wowsers that went fast. it seems like just yesterday i was checking your blog daily for a baby to be born... crazy.

what a sweet post.

April 19, 2011 at 7:47 AM  

Happy Birthday, Lily girl! We love you and all your darling-ness!

April 19, 2011 at 9:12 AM  

Happy Birthday Lily! She's such a cutie!

April 19, 2011 at 11:35 AM  

Why is it when they turn two, they suddenly start looking so grown up. Lily is looking so two. What a sweet post. It made me teary. And I so understand what you mean in so many ways. I hope our two year olds can play together this summer. Happy Birthday Lily.

April 19, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

Wow she is so cute I hope she had a happy birthday. We miss you guys!

April 19, 2011 at 10:07 PM  

too cute carrie, its unexpressable how we love the challenging ones. you said it perfectly and sweetly. hoping this year is decent for ya. she sure is cute tho. looks like maggie to me.

April 20, 2011 at 3:59 PM  

Oh Carrie! You made me cry! What an amazing post. And I love that first picture with the balloon. Lily looks so heart-warmingly adorable, and I LOVE the hairband! I love Lily too; how could I not?

April 23, 2011 at 7:12 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home