Reas has forbidden all gift buying for his birthday this year, and so we've had to get a little creative.
Maggie and Ty made him a banner...
I attempted my first ever icecream cake.
Not saying I want to make a career out of this business, BUT...
dang, it was good!
The birthday boy was happy (and rather impressed)...
and the kids now think I'm an icecream genius.
On Friday, Reas and I are going to see "Defending the Caveman" down on the strip. Anyone heard anything about it? I've researched all the reviews online. It sounds like good wholesome fun, but you never know with Las Vegas entertainment. Reas got the tickets for free with his dedicated service to United Blood. Seriously, he is the most generous blood donator I know of. He has "baby blood," you know - the most pure kind, so they use it for infant blood transfusions.
And if that doesn't make a wife proud...well, it does. The only blood I've ever given has been taken by the OB tech and cost me much wooziness. I'm wimpy like that.
I do find it kind of funny that Reas is literally paying for his birthday outing with his own blood, but I'm just following the rules. I haven't spent a dime. Happy birthday, Reas!! We love you.
Wow! That cake looks amazing! Reas is probably thinking, "I'm not going to ask for anything again next year and see what she comes up with!" Happy Birthday Reas - you deserve a 3-day-in-the-making-cake!
Mom said...
April 8, 2011 at 12:17 PM
That cake is very impressive, and I love the picture of your cute family. It's the best when everyone is looking at the camera, and no one is crying!
Wilcox Crew said...
April 9, 2011 at 6:27 PM
Had fun catching up on your life. Congrats on having a boy!!! When are you due again?
Unknown said...
April 10, 2011 at 12:16 PM
an ice cream genius? that sounds like the very best kind of genius to be!
robin said...
April 10, 2011 at 12:58 PM
You are such a little snazzy pants! LOVE the cake! You did a great job!
Jori said...
April 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM