The upstairs AC is broken - has been for a week. We've been waiting for a part to come in that they need to fix it. Waiting, waiting, and waiting. In the meantime we avoid going upstairs. At the hottest part of the day, the thermostat has read as hot as 96 degrees. INSIDE THE HOUSE!! 96 melts makeup. My makeup lives downstairs now. 96 makes me feel bad for Cosmo the hamster. He might come live downstairs too. 96 somehow makes smells appear that didn't exist in 78 degrees. By the time the kids need to get to bed the upstairs temperature drops to a pleasant 91 degrees. 91 means we've been having family sleepovers downstairs for almost a week.

The entire downstairs has been overtaken by airmattresses, pillows, blankets, and pajamas, that never seem to make it back upstairs because well, what would be the point? The kids of course think it's pretty great. Especially, Ty, who has figured out that if he sleeps in exactly the right spot he has a clear view of the Dodger game that Reas is watching in the other room. Lily wakes up confused most nights. A couple of nights ago, at 3:00 AM I found her laying awake under the kitchen table. She wasn't upset, so I left her, wondering what she would do. Bad mom, I know. It was just so weird and funny. Eventually she got up, wandered around, and found her bed again, which for the time being is a crib mattress thrown on the floor. Her crazy nights have made her the best napper during the day (also happening downstairs) so I guess that's one good thing.
Reas and I are ready for our bed back. These guys don't want the party to end.
I remember our air conditioning breaking in the dead middle of summer last year in Colorado. It was miserable. But it wasn't Vegas miserable. I think it was almost a week before ours got fixed too. Luckily for us though, Colorado nights cool off enough we all still slept in our own beds. But during the day we kept all our blinds closed (which I hate because I don't like feeling caged in, even though I'm technically caged in my house all the time). I sure hope your AC gets fixed really soon.
Tera said...
September 26, 2011 at 12:03 PM
I feel so sorry for you. That sounds horrible. I hate to mention this...but, dad and I left just in time - we'd be sleeping under the table with Lily! Hope your AC gets fixed tomorrow, if not, the AC guy has to sleep in your upstairs.
Mom said...
September 26, 2011 at 8:55 PM