Pages

I have a project to share. I know. It's been FOREVER. That's what pregnancy and babies do to ya...or at least that's what it does to me. Any extra energy that would be dedicated to creating anything fun and crafty is spent on milk production. Such is the life, but I'm ok with that.

On the difficulty scale this project is a 1. On the time commitment scale, a 1. On the do I already have the required materials needed to do this project? scale, a 10. Pretty much it's the only kind of project I'm getting done these days. For fast and easy, I think it turned out pretty dang cute. In fact, I kind of love it.

I started out with this killer wrapping paper that my sister gave me. Well actually, she gave me a gift that was inside the wrapping paper, but one thing I can always count on with Shelly is the presentation of the gift will be just as awesome as what's inside. SO. I oh so carefully unwrapped the gift, ever so gently folded the wrapping paper up trying not to put major creases in it, because I knew from the moment I laid eyes on that stuff I'd want to reuse it for something. Then held it on my lap while we drove home from CA. Yes, it's true and kind of ridiculous, but totally worth the trouble.




The paper made it home safely, but slightly crumpled. I spread it out, and sat and stared, waiting to be inspired. In the middle of the night it hit me. That's the way it generally works, you know.




There's really only one thing that beautiful, slightly crumpled, fancy paper can be used for. A beautiful, slightly crumpled, fancy witch hat...obviously.





Witch hat, indeed! Check out the twisty gnarly top on that beauty. I'd be a witch for Halloween like every year if I had that hat!

If you google "image of witch hats" you'll get a kazillion results. I found this image here, and then eyeballed it onto the back of my paper. Deciding on a hat to make took longer than the whole process put together. This frame has a 10x13 opening, so it's nice and big. The paper is glued to the cardboard that came on the back of the frame with a really sophisticated product called a glue stick.


And that's it. Wonderful wrapping paper turned wickedly witchy.

As you can see, things are starting to get all spookified around here. I'm feeling it now! See this pumpkin? It's a candle that I've had for years and still smells soooo good. Nothing like a good smelling candle to jumpstart the holidays. It works every time.




I swear the dust on that mirror is only visible through a camera lense.

If you need some crafting inspiration check out 320 Sycamore's Under $10 Under 1 Hour linky party.


10 comments:

What a great idea!! I love it!

September 30, 2011 at 6:22 PM  

You come up with most awesome ideas! Love the hat!!! As for the dust...it just adds to the Halloween mystic, don't worry about it, you have more important things to do, like hats and milk.

October 2, 2011 at 6:13 AM  

What a fun idea. It turned out so cute. I have a thing for wrapping paper too. So, I completely understand holding it all the way home from California.:)

October 2, 2011 at 8:48 AM  

what a great idea! You are awsome...cant wait to make one of my own.

October 4, 2011 at 9:24 AM  

I love the witches hat. I am so stealing this idea. Thanks so much for sharing Carrie!

Oh and do you care if I feature it in my Halloween Month of fun?

October 4, 2011 at 1:07 PM  

Thanks for sharing. I can think of lots of shapes to do this with...hmmm. Ideas are flowing. Love the inspiration!

October 5, 2011 at 11:05 AM  

I love the wrapping paper. Why waste it. What a great idea. This is mine kind of project.

October 5, 2011 at 12:49 PM  

Now isn't that just too cute,darling.Blessings to you.Denise

October 5, 2011 at 5:12 PM  

Visiting from 320 Sycamore - LOVE LOVE LOVE your witch's hat! That wrapping paper is fantastic!

October 5, 2011 at 9:42 PM  

I love sisters that use fantastic wrapping paper like that! You are so clever to come up with this from a piece of old wrapping~I love your barin! And...your kids are just adorable. Thank you for partying with us! :)

October 7, 2011 at 8:09 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home