Pages

I am trying so so so so SO hard to get into the mood - the Fall and Halloween mood. I even made my most favorite pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to try and make the big transition. They were good. I ate a lot. But I'm still not feeling it. The hot weather doesn't help, although I've learned to not wait for Las Vegas to get cold...or even the leaves to fall - that happens in January. Not kidding. And even then some may say it's a pretty lousy excuse for cold. Anyway, I know what the problem is. The PROBLEM is that decorating means bringing out more stuff and guess what. Currently, there is no more room in my life for STUFF. Senor Jack has filled my stuff quota and then some. I'm losing control folks and I don't like it.

So instead of cleaning and dealing with the stuff, let's just share the problem, shall we? A little sympathy goes a long away, after all.

My mom took these pictures while she was here and she thought it was soooo funny. You know, the whole my life is turned inside out and upside down with the addition of a baby. Yeah. Real funny, mom. Take the pictures of my mess and then LEAVE! (ok, not really. Actually, she never stopped cleaning the whole time she was here).















Honestly, my house doesn't look quite this bad right now...I've put the peanut butter and jelly away and I'm pretty sure I've emptied that basket of laundry. :)


Mom, you ready to come back yet??






6 comments:

Oh sheesh. Your house doesn't look bad at all to me. You seem pretty on top of it with having 5 kids and all. Sorry. Not much sympathy coming from Draper.

September 13, 2011 at 6:07 PM  

Not even messy!! I would be happy if my house looked that good now and I haven't even had my boy yet!

September 13, 2011 at 6:15 PM  

you will feel like decorating for the seasons when you are ready. A few years ago I couldnt really get into Christmas for some reason...kids,life, tired (you get the point.) but WHAM Christmas eve I was ready and we finished decorating the tree. Its one of my favorite memories. Dont put pressure on your self. enjoy this stage it wont really last that long. and one day you will look back and be glad you left the mess and played with the kids and held the baby.

September 13, 2011 at 6:26 PM  

it feels good to see others houses in their 'real' state. thanks for sharing.

(even though, yours hardly constitutes as messy...)

and i love seeing jack asleep on the couch in the boppy. such a familiar sight with a newborn! i remember those days... sniffle.

September 13, 2011 at 7:23 PM  

I understand where you are coming from. I think the holidays for the first year after i have had a baby are pretty lame. I don't do much baking or decorating because I just don't feel like I have the energy for all the mess.

But seeing your pictures...when you are normally so on top of things...you are making me a little nervous for when our fifth comes. I'm thinking I should hire a maid....

September 15, 2011 at 8:30 AM  

i know, is it bad to dread the holidays almost because it means doing more stuff and getting more stuff out? and your house looks cleaner than my house so don't be too hard on yourself :)

September 23, 2011 at 7:26 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home