Pages

Remember when Costco babywipes looked like this?










Those were the days. I loved that fat little baby. I loved the old wipes. They doubled as totally awesome makeup removers as well. Newborn Claire and toddler Ty were children of the old school wipes. I loved the wipes so much I clung to them in one hand while holding baby Claire in the other. See?






Then shortly thereafter, Costco went all "new and improved" on me, changing their look and their recipe - or whatever you would call the ingredients that make up a babywipe. I don't think recipe is the word I'm looking for. But whatever. The point is that the new wipe no longer removes makeup. Anyone else notice this? I can't possibly be the only one that uses babywipes on my face...and feet, and hands, and my childrens' whole bodies, and any other spot of anything that I see when a package of wipes are within arm's reach. Can't imagine life without 'em, really. Somehow the Costco team caught drift of the versatility of their product because just about the time the babywipes changed, no longer working on make-up, I noticed a new Kirkland product on the shelves - a facial cleansing wipe/makeup remover for women. Huh. Rather suspicious, I think. Actually just plain selfish, rude, and greedy of our Kirkland executives. I bet they just went and repackaged all the old cool wipes in a new cute pale green, womanly rather than babyish package, and changed the name. Then took out the one makeup removing ingredient that was in the wipes and made new and improved bum-only wipes. Unbelievably disgusting. We already spend way too much on baby products as well as beauty products, so what's the harm in being kind for once and letting one product serve two purposes?! It's all about money. Money all the time. By the way, I totally get this 'it must be a conspiracy" additude from my mom. She's much, much worse. I know - you'd never think so by the looks of her.



So, have I tried the Kirkland facial wipes? Yes. Did they work? Yes, obviously because they're the old babywipes. But, the real question is have I ever bought the facial wipes again? and was it a good business move by Costco? If you're only asking me, I say NO WAY!! In fact, I have a beautiful secret to share if you haven't discovered it already. Walmart, yes the store that gives us all anxiety because of long lines and bad customer service, has a double duty babywipe that I only just discovered. The cheapo Parent's Choice brand babywipe in the purple package removes poop AND makeup! Soft, effecient, and inexpensive. Clearly the best choice if you are a babywipe snob, like me. Who would've thought?



Costco, I love ya, but you struck out on this one. And no, Walmart didn't compensate me for my time or opinion. But they should..

3 comments:

I have used the WalMart brand for several years. I thought it was because I was cheap. BTW the last time I checked, the SMALLER packages were cheaper per wipe than the big boxes! It must be a conspiracy. Hmmmm I do look pretty innocent, don't I...

September 28, 2011 at 3:04 PM  

LOL...I'm thinking you should just buy the Costco make-up removers and also use them as babywipes! But, then again, maybe that is why I am not a mom! haha...

September 28, 2011 at 8:22 PM  

Megan, that'd actually be a good option except the makeup wipes are like twice the cost and half the size - not sure I could safely wipe a baby butt with that :)

September 28, 2011 at 9:18 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home