Pages

Day 2

No robbers in the night, not too many scary noises, and a very full bed thanks to cuddly kids.

So far, so good. With the exception of very clogged milk ducts. I'm assuming I speak to a predominantly female audience. We're talking lactation here, ladies. So any outsiders of the male variety - you may want to move on out and find yourself some other pleasure reading. I ALWAYS get clogged milk ducts when I'm experiencing unusual amounts of pressure. And then all that pressure just builds up in one place, if you catch my flow. And why is it that this sweet baby seems particularly uninterested when I need her most? Ahhh, the sacrifices of a mother.

On another note, today's dinner menu - oatmeal and toast. The kids will love it. There will be minimal prep, and clean up will be a breeze. Reas will be especially glad he's on Wells Fargo's tab tonight.

And thanks for all the helpful tips you left me regarding survival on my own. Sounds like I should just party all week. Hmmm. Reas may begin to question my judgement. Oh wait! He's not here to see it. Honey, are you reading this? Don't worry about us...I have it alllll covered. Got the icecream. Got the girls coming over. Got the DVR set to record. All is well.

4 comments:

Stay strong! I always plan fun things to do, little or big, while Burke is out of town for continuing ed classes. It helps to have something to look forward to. As for clogged milk ducts-pump as needed! ;) Good luck!

October 20, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

I hate clogged ducts. I always get them if I'm doing too much too, and you're right, it seems like when I do, the baby doesn't want to nurse. Take a warm bath while you nurse her; the hot water may help. Also take some extra vitamin c and massage while you nurse. You can also, when you latch her on, point her nose towards the direction of the clogged duct and it may help it clear out. It seems for me, mine always last about 24 hours no matter what I do :(

October 20, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

oh man carrie, i feel for you. i can't do a DAY by myself.

but i have to. all the time.

grr... don't you hate it?

October 23, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

I love it! Now I don't feel so bad with the way I prepare meals.... I have a freezer stocked of frozen pizza, lots of canned soups, and I make breakfast for dinner at least once a week. Glad that Maggie forgave you for not picking her up, that is something she will laugh at one day, but she will never let you forget!

October 26, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home