On October 10 our sweet Maggie, was baptized and confirmed as an official member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was a wonderful day. One we've been looking forward to for a very long time.
We were so happy to have some of our family come and be with her, but of course we missed those who couldn't make it. Grandma and Papa Dunn, her Aunt Shelly and Uncle Andy with 5 fun cousins, Grandma Allen and Uncle Keith all were here for the weekend. There were also many great friends from church. Our ward is the best. Thank you!
Isn't this picture the sweetest!
Ahh a baptism. A prime family picture moment... here's what we got. For the record, I was sick. As in glad-I-was-able-to-make-it-to-the-baptism-sick. Therefore I didn't care about things like crooked ties, untucked shirts, and bright yellow books that could have been set down for the picture. We were all in it. Good enough for me.
This is Maggie's cute primary class. These kids are all great friends and so supportive of each other. Benjamin (Joe-cool in the blue shirt and tie), and Jacob, (the dapper cutie in the suit), were baptized that day too.
We are so proud of Maggie and grateful that we are her parents. She is a wonderful example to her friends and younger siblings. She tries her best to always choose the right. I find myself having more and more "friend to friend" moments with her these days. It's exciting and a little scary all at the same time. She's growing up and I can't stop her.
Oh, Carrie! I can't believe your old enough to have this special day! How wonderful. My heart is full just reading it. I love you guys.
Stephanie M Larsen said...
October 14, 2009 at 11:40 AM
I would never have guessed you were sick, you look beautiful in your family picture, your whole family is beautiful. It is crazy how fast time goes, are we old enough to have baptized children? I am glad you had such a wonderful day, baptizing your own child is such a powerful experience. Maggie looked beautiful and perfect.
Tera said...
October 14, 2009 at 12:40 PM
OH I really miss you guys. I'm so sorry you were sick, Carrie, but I bet you were still a gracious hostess, because you're just that good. Maggie, I am so awed and impressed by your decision to be baptized. I know you have a lot of people looking up to you, and now you just showed them how important it is to be baptized. You're such a smart, conscientious, creative, funny girl; who wouldn't look up to you? I love you Mags!(am I allowed to call you that?)
Crystalin Dunn said...
October 14, 2009 at 5:22 PM
Coongratulations Maggie! You looked so beautiful. We were glad to share your special day with you.
Ingrid said...
October 17, 2009 at 11:27 AM
It was fun to see you and your family! I taught these guys when they were sunbeams I can't believe how grown up they all are.
Jori said...
October 18, 2009 at 2:07 AM