Pages

I'm a happy person. I think I'm generally easy to please and good at looking at the bright side of things. I like to enjoy life and find things to be happy about. In fact, there are some things that I downright love that maybe the average person doesn't give a whole lot of thought too.

I figure if these insignificant but lovely things can make me smile then there will always be something to be happy about. Then when something REALLY big and grand happens I can go crazy.

Here's my condensed happy list. Don't be alarmed when you don't see items listed such as my husband, my kids, the Gospel...of course those make me happy. This list is just the unique things that make me me. In other words, some of it's weird.


trash day
pens that work really REALLY good
sleeping with the windows open
new socks
the smell of books
Michael's 40% off coupons (the 50% make me squeal, but they're more rare)
any change of weather
wrapping paper
a clean toilet
walking barefoot through the grass
blankets right out of the dryer
wreaths
blog comments
walking past the Primary Room during Singing Time
paint (any kind will do)
eating outside
new crayons
clipping my kids' fingernails
old musicals
a fluffed pillow (preferably cold)
wet dirt
scrapbook paper (i don't scrap)
mom's homemade bread
laying in the grass
a new toothbrush
baskets, tins, and containers of various shapes and sizes
dried fruit
wood scraps
smiling and saying hi to strangers
vacuum lines
holding hands
changing shampoo
climbing trees
trains in the night
icecream
Phew! I guess my list wasn't all that condensed. Now if I ever find myself sulking, all I need to do is refer to my list.
There is ALWAYS something to smile about.

5 comments:

I love vacuum lines too, and clean sheets, and blankets right out of the dryer, and new socks. You are a very positive happy person...one of the reasons I love you so much!

October 5, 2009 at 6:29 PM  

I absolutely LOVE this post! I heart clean sheet and toilets too! Tonight I came home and to the smell of Tide and it made me happy :) Clipping my cats claws makes me happy. YOur happy energy is contagious. :)

October 5, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

We all knew you were a happy easy to please kind of gal, thats why we love you so much. Thanks for sharing the list. I even got a little more insight to you, but don't be surprised if you get a bunch of new toothbrushes wrapped in cute paper for your birthday.

October 6, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

You are so cute. I love all the little things that make you happy. They are great. We all need to remember the little things.

October 6, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

As always, YOU make me happy! Was this a way to get me to bring you more bread? love you lots, mom

October 6, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home