Template 113
10 years ago
Ty: Mom, I have 53 cents! One quarter, 2 dimes, 1 nickel, and 3 pennies.
Me: Oh yeah? Can you count it out loud for me?
Then Ty proceeds to count his change in this crazy order: The nickel, one penny, the quarter, a dime, another penny, another dime, and the last penny.
Me: Good! You want me to show you a MUCH easier way to count your change? (I thought I was about to enlighten him)
Ty: Oh, I know. Start with the biggest amount first and then count the smaller coins. But Mom... I'm trying to challenge myself.
What?! Seriously, I don't know where this kid came from. You know me...always trying to find the easy way out. No challenge neccessary.
I can just picture his cute grin right now. I love that kid. He cracks me up everytime I need a laugh.
Ingrid said...
October 29, 2009 at 2:50 PM
Smart guy. Since he can add money so young, maybe he'll grow up and make a lot of money!
Tera said...
October 29, 2009 at 6:08 PM
That one's a corker. And I know exactly whose son he is: YOURS! There are few people who can walk into DI and have the steely nerve to dive in and find the treasures hidden in its depths, or have the perseverance to find whatever you can to use as the perfect home makeover project, more than once!
Crystalin Dunn said...
October 30, 2009 at 11:03 AM
I love Ty! He cracks me up! His answer of what he's looking forward to is STILL mostly MATH :0)
Laura Z said...
November 10, 2009 at 5:02 PM