Today I spent 9 hours in the car with 4 kids and my sweet grammy. Great company no doubt, but it would have been nice to have seen Reas for more than 10 minutes at 5:30 in the morning. It's our anniversary - 10th anniversary...that's kind of a big deal. I think we're an officially semi-old experienced married couple now. I'm pretty sure at 10 years we deserve to be bumped up a notch. Since we weren't together all day (and won't be for a few more days), and since I had lots of time to think in the car about the perfect romantic blog post, you'd think I'd be able to whip this baby out in no time at all. I'm pretty efficient at writing about nothing, but when it comes to substance I don't always feel like I have what it takes. I tried to write him a poem, but I couldn't bring myself to hit "publish"...it was way too cheezy. Maybe someday I'll post it for a really good joke.
I'm not really a mushy and sappy kind of girl. I like flowers and I like kissing my husband, but I don't think that makes me mushy and sappy. That just makes me a girl. So what I'm saying is that putting into words what I feel inside for my best friend, husband, and father of my children isn't easy for me. What I do know and what I can write, is that he is absolutely everything to me. And even saying that now doesn't sound like enough. His joy is my joy. I cry when I see him hurting. He completes me. He brings clear thinking and a rational mind when I need it most. He teaches our children. He loves them, he loves me. He is dedicated to our family, loves the Lord, and dutifully provides for us giving us all that we need and more. I knew I loved him when I married him, but really I had no idea who that man was to become.
Thanks babe, for the best 10 years of my life. Can't wait for more.
Labels: family
10 years??? Wow congratulations, that is awesome. That was a really sweet post. I remember you guys in high school, it's fun to see what a beautiful family you have now:)
jrpetho said...
August 14, 2010 at 9:32 AM
Do you feel like the time has just flown by? Jason and I are going on 7 years this November and I can't even believe that. It is like ti has gone by fast, but then I can't really remember him not being here with me. Crazy how Heavenly Father blesses us with being able to be married to our best friends. Oh and congrats!! Happy Anniversary!
Blissful & Domestic said...
August 14, 2010 at 1:06 PM
CONGRATS on 10 years! That is quite the milestone, and deserves to be celebrated!
Megan R said...
August 14, 2010 at 3:54 PM
Carrie has been trying to get me to post a comment to one of her blogs forever. I decided after reading this one tonight as I sit here alone on a Saturday night that this should be the one I respond to. Ten years is a long time and I can't believe it has been that long. I wonder at times, when I am not feeling to particularly good about myself, what Carrie sees in me. (she hates it when I say things like this) However regardless of how I am feeling she always supports me, even when I make mistakes (which is all too often). She said a lot of nice things about me in this post but the truth of the matter is that without her I am nothing. I'm not mushy either and have never been good at showing affection outwardly but I can't let Carrie go on saying all those nice things when the only reason any of that is true is because of her. Love you too babe.. I only hope the next ten are as good at the first.
(Do you think maybe on our 15th we can spend it together? The 5th was ruined by our move to Las Vegas and now our 10th by this..)
Reas
Anonymous said...
August 15, 2010 at 12:25 AM
You just made my day, Reas! Seriously...I can't stop smiling. Thanks for commenting. Now wasn't that easy? And fairly painless? Yes, let's definitely plan on spending our 15th together. I'll arrange the babysitter. Wait! We won't need a sitter. Yesssss! Miss you.
Carrie said...
August 15, 2010 at 12:00 PM
i completely forgot that we share our wedding anniversary!! happy 10th!!!
Fulkerson Clan said...
August 16, 2010 at 8:38 PM