I am about to do something very scary.
I am about to commit to doing something on this blog, on a specified day, every week.
Why would I torture myself like this? Not sure, except I think it will be good for my family in the end. And you know me...always out to do good.
So here's the deal. Starting this week on Friday Aug. 27, 2010 (I'm making this very official, so I'll stick with it.) I will post the upcoming week's menu plan for all to see. This is scary, I tell you. I'm hoping blog pressure will be the extra little kick in the pants to get me in gear. I don't hate cooking - I don't really even mind it, but I DO hate it when I don't know what's for dinner. This is nothing new. I've whined about it before, but IT KEEPS HAPPENING! I keep not making a menu. And I keep getting stressed out by my lack of organization. With school, soccer, and music lessons starting soon, it's got to stop. Now, Carrie. NOW!
I don't claim this to be a cooking blog. oh ho ho... that would be funny. And it might be terribly humilating to publicly post some of the dinners I cook up for the fam (or pour out of the box, if it's cereal night), but it's all for the greater good here, so I'm swallowing my pride.
If I find a recipe online, I'll link up to it so everyone can benefit. I'll try to share at least one of my recipes I'm using each week also. But I'm keeping it real. Seriously, I am NOT committing to post 7 recipes each week because I know that would never happen. If I can just list 7 dinners each Friday for the next week, that'll be HUGE. I would LOVE it if anyone is interested to share ideas and recipes. We'll see how it goes. Maybe it will turn out to be a big giant inspirational cooking fest, and we will all come away with new recipes and a new drive to feed our families the absolulte best. Maybe friends will flock from near and far to see the orderliness of my dinner planning. Maybe...but probably not. I'll settle for a decently fed family and some time away from dinnertime frazzmom. That will be a good thing.
Yeehaw! I can't wait to get started.
I think we all struggle with the dinnertime blues! If I don't menu plan BEFORE I go grocery shopping, we barbecue chicken everynight (cuz that's always JP's solution to everything) and that gets pretty old after the 2nd night in a row. So menu planning is a BIG deal for me too!
Tera said...
August 23, 2010 at 6:24 PM
making a grocery list, going shopping and making dinner (most of the time) is probably my favorite part of being a mom. lame, i know, but for me it beats doing the laundry, mediating sibling fights, surviving bedtime routines, ect. my favorite website, hands down, for recipes is ourbestbites.com. it's totally changed the way i cook (for the better--believe me--i'm not naturally a great cook!) so i suggest you check it out :) good luck!!
Fulkerson Clan said...
August 23, 2010 at 6:42 PM
Oh Erin! You've given me hope...I remember not all that long ago you weren't so excited about what was going down in your kitchen. I just looked at that website and it looks so fun. Thanks! I really am excited too.
Carrie said...
August 23, 2010 at 7:22 PM
Carrie, sweetie, do you remember where you're going to be this Friday, Aug 27th? I didn't realize that we're babysitting for you so that you can blog your weekly menu! Reas also might be interested in knowing how you and he are going to spend your anniversay getaway!
Mom said...
August 23, 2010 at 9:59 PM
I forgot to say that I think that this is a great idea and I can't wait to see your menus. After 43 years, I'm ready for something beyond taco salad. When do you find time to do all that you do? and are good at - you're awesome!
Mom said...
August 24, 2010 at 6:57 AM
no mom, I didn't forget. See, there's this cool little feature on Blogger - scheduled posting. So, you might think I'm sitting here at the computer, but really I could be lounging on the beach. It's like magic
Carrie said...
August 24, 2010 at 7:31 AM
again so creative and cute!
Blissful & Domestic said...
August 29, 2010 at 7:46 PM