Pages

as promised

Woohoo!  Week 1's meal plan is ready.  Ahhhh....I feel like a freer woman already.  Actually, this is really week 2 for me.  I did it last week too.  Just didn't share it.

Here's what we'll be eating next week.

Monday - Chili Rubbed Chicken
Tuesday - Sweet and Sour Ribs
Wednesday - Baked Potato Bar
Thursday - Chicken Club Sandwiches w/ avocado dressing
Friday - Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries
Saturday - Breakfast for Dinner
Sunday - Meatballs and Rice

Look how peaceful I am not having to worry about what's for dinner.
  You know how scared I was that someone was going to walk in on me taking pictures of myself?
The things I do for this blog...jeesh.


So I think how this will play out is with each menu posting I'll share my favorite recipe from the previous week's list.  That way everything will have been tried and tested and I can give an honest to goodness accurate opinion about the recipes.  Of course, I'd be happy to share any recipes that might catch your eye.  Just ask.  Last week I tried a couple of new recipes and some good ol' standbyes. 

It was a toss up between two of them, so you get a double wammy this time around.

Kalua Pork from my sister-in-law is by far our family's favorite pulled pork recipe.  Everyone loves it and that's saying a lot - I have some super picky meat eaters.  It is so easy and absolutely heavenly.  As a side note, it calls for apple cider which is sometimes hard to find in the spring and summer.  This time around, I substituted apple juice and it still turned out great.  And make sure you make the sauce she suggests.  It is SO good.

Thai Peanut Noodles  Holy moly these are good.  That's all I'm sayin.'  Ok, actually that's not all I'm saying.   The Asian hot sauce that the recipe calls for is a little pricey considering I thought I'd probably never need it again, so I used crushed red pepper instead.  And dang,I can't even imagine them getting any better. Now that I know I'll be making this regularly, I'll consider trying the real stuff.

On another note, I've been thinking.  My life nor should my blog revolve around cooking.  Posting a menu once a week seems very boring to me, but I need to do it or I'm afraid I'll slip back into my old ways.  This is not to say that real cooking blogs are boring.  I love reading them.  I just wouldn't be any good at writing them. So, I'm going to try making a two week menu plan and then I'll only have a food related post once every two weeks.  It will take a little more planning obviously, but the truth of the matter is I have more fun writing about other stuff.  Such as the lady's car that I backed into in the Old Navy parking lot 2 days ago.   Seriously.  I am so mad...at myself.  There's no one else to blame and that's what has me fuming.  But, more on this little BIG issue later.

 For now, I'm heading out for a couple of days with my favorite person in the world for our overdue 10th anniversary getaway.  On our to do list:  hiking, a Brian Regan show (LOVE this big cheeseball and the way he makes my face hurt from laughing), eating, playing at the beach, sleeping in, and probably eating some more.  I'm out.

3 comments:

Wow! Your dinners look so great. You must be loving your schedule. Oh, the peace you must have. My kids love our schedule. They know the nights to dread, and maybe they can eat a bit extra at lunchso they won't starve after dinner. I want to try those Thai noodles this week. Yum. Hope your weekend away was the best.

August 28, 2010 at 5:30 AM  

Can I move in? haha...Everything looks delicious, but breakfast for dinner is my fave! I think I'll have it this week too!

August 29, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

I LOVE the picture of you feeling peaceful. SO funny. It makes me want to plop down on your couch and make peaceful faces together and then giggle for a few hours. I might just sit at your table while you cook me a gourmet dinner before I finally leave your house.

August 30, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home