Pages

The big kids are at school, Claire is playing with a friend, and Lily is sleeping.  Weird...in a good way.  I'm not used to being alone anymore.  It's so quiet, except for the sound of the air conditioner and a little unrecognizable noise that keeps making me think someone is trying to break in.  Upon further investigation, I found that someone really does want in my house.  If you close one eye and cock your head a bit you might be able to make out his shape through the fingerprints on the glass.  I swear I just cleaned that window.




I've had lost dogs and stray cats come begging at my door, but birds?!

Actually this isn't too weird. I know exactly what he wants.  He's saying, "Hey! you in there.  Yeah you - the lady that keeps watering the tomatoes, so my buddies and I can feast on them all day...we're running low on fresh produce.  Think you can do something about that?"   He didn't even bother with a please.

Grrrr.  Any tips on how to keep the birds away from my ever shrivelling garden?  Preferably a method that doesn't require a man, his gun, and lots and lots of time to sit on the back porch.

1 comments:

We found that hanging old CDs on the trees/plants helps keep the birds away - at least, until they learn that the CDs won't hurt them. It could buy you some time. Good luck with that age old man against beast battle.

September 1, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home