Pages

I haven't had a problem filling up my days without kids. Imagine that. It's the craziest thing, I have to say. When I want to go somewhere I put on my shoes, grab my purse and leave. It's amazing. No snacks, no potty check, no shoe search, no quick face washes with a baby wipe. Wow. So easy.



Today I've spent a good portion of my day tackling this lovey dovey rooster infestation:











I fell in love with this box when I saw it at Savers. I'm not sure what it is that I love so much, but I promise it is NOT the roosters and hearts. I think it's a combination of the handles, the size, and the old weathered look. I'm kind of a sucker when it comes to old stuff, but you probably know that by now. This is a big (16"x 8") sturdy box, which was probably used for tools or some other manly use because it's heavy and thick.

My original plan was to sand it down and restain it, keeping it natural wood, but after sanding until I was half dead and the human inside of me was screaming for me to stop hyperventilating I decided I'd just prime, paint, and distress. I think that was a good choice.









I'm actually diggin' the white. I like the contrast with the handles and it's going to be perfect for my springy centerpiece I have in my head. I'm going to attempt sprouting wheat grass for the second year in a row. Last year didn't work out so well, but I really REALLY want to fill up my new box with grass and other Springtime surprises.

Hopefully in a week or so, I'll have a successful grass story to tell. If not I'll just sit and stare at my unroostered box.


2 comments:

Very Cute! I have been painting EVERYTHING white and loving it..
Stephanie Driscoll

March 29, 2011 at 2:32 PM  

Adore it! The handles are so cool!

March 30, 2011 at 10:16 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home