Pages

I wish everyone could know my mom. She's easy to love because she's so happy, sweet and sensible. People are naturally drawn to her for advice because she knows something about everything and she'll willingly share if you ask. Not in that annoying know-it-all kind of way, but in a I truly want to help you if you need it sort of way. She's amazing. She comes from quite a long line of broken marriages and sad love stories, but when she was a teenager she made a decision to be different. To break the cycle. To be happily married to someone who'd provide stability and love for her and her future family. Then she found my dad. Stable and loving pretty much describe him perfectly. They are perfect for each other. And throughout my life I have always known 2 things - that my parents love me and that they will always be there when I need them. Most of you don't know my parents and won't ever have the chance to meet them, but I have great news. My mom now has a blog - A Slice of Time. And she told me (and I think this is so cute) that my dad reads all of her posts before she publishes them. He's kind of her husband/editor. That fact alone shows they've got something special going on. Her blog is everything she is - upbeat, inspiring, and full of those life stories that make you stop and reevaluate yourself. She makes you want to be better. I absolutely guarantee you will love what she has to say, not to mention probably get a few ideas for that Sunday lesson you might be teaching soon!

Our kids with my parents, Grandma and Papa. Aug. 2008



Since I love all my blogging friends, whether I personally know you or not, I just had to share this little blogging gem that is available. Stop by and say hi to her. Be extra nice...she's a little nervous about being so exposed. Speaking of being exposed, click here to read about the time she walked through a busy plaza in South America half dressed. hehe. You just might laugh. Love you, mom!

2 comments:

Carrie, I have an editor and now a publicist! Wow. I am so touched by all you said. Thank you for helping me to start blogging - as in so many things, I couldn't/wouldn't have done it without family help and support. I Love You!

March 21, 2011 at 3:27 PM  

Carrie I read your mom's blog and love it! Those were really sweet comments about your mom. I think it is so great your mom is blogging. I have been trying to get my mom to do the same thing. I think she is kind of nervous about it too. Anyway her story was awesome I laughed so hard.

March 21, 2011 at 9:22 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home