Pages

I just finished cleaning this glass:




3 minutes ago I swept this floor, but hadn't yet swept the pile.  




I was lamenting the fact that Lily just made up a new game called "it's really fun to stomp on popcorn and listen to it crunch under your shoe."

Then by chance (but not really) I came across the title to this new book:  A Perfectly Kept House is the Sign of a Misspent Life, and it about knocked me over.

Lesson learned. 

I'm grateful I have little girls who are best friends and love to play.  I'm grateful I have a floor to sweep.  I'm grateful I have popcorn in my pantry when my kids get hungry.

A perfectly clean house is nice, but a happy childhood is a one shot deal.

5 comments:

Thanks for posting this. This is so something I've been struggling with. You're so right!

March 16, 2011 at 9:19 PM  

Carrie, you just "swept away" years of guilt. The picture of Claire and Lily through the glass is priceless.

March 17, 2011 at 7:34 AM  

You are so right. I love love the picture of Lily and Claire. So sweet.

March 17, 2011 at 8:23 AM  

carrie thanks for the reminder. sometimes we can get so busy we dont see the simple joys of life and family :)

March 17, 2011 at 9:26 AM  

That is so sweet! I needed this post today. :)

March 18, 2011 at 10:39 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home