Sometimes having choices is good. Sometimes too many choices is bad. Here's the thing about refried beans. They're good just the way they are... as long as they're Rosarita's. Beans are beans. And if you want them spicy, you can add salsa. If you want them with green chilis, you can add the green chilis. If you're watching your sodium intake, then you probably just shouldn't be eating them.
Is it really neccessary that I go down the bean aisle looking for just a plain ol' can of Rosarita's and have to stand there staring at the 12 different assortments of beans. I just wanted regular, or plain, or normal or whatever Rosarita is calling her beans these days. Seriously. All I wanted were beans!! And beans there were.
Refried beans with green chilis...refried beans with jalapenos and garlic... black refried beans... low sodium beans... 98% fat free beans... zesty refried beans (is zesty a flavor now?). Here was the best one...vegetarian refried beans. Vegetarian? Last I checked beans weren't considered a meat. Do vegetarian's really not eat normal refried beans? They have to have their own special kind now? Whatever.
All I'm saying is that if there's going to be such a grand selection to choose from, at least put the normal stuff where it can be found. After all that standing and staring, I never found plain old traditional Rosie's. What's a girl to do? I bought the black ones. Who knows. Maybe I'll like them better anyway. But if that's the case, then I foresee another problem - I bet not every store carries the black bean variety. Ugh.
Vegetarians just shouldn't eat in my opinion :) I know what you mean, grocery shopping just isn't what it used to be.
Crys said...
January 23, 2010 at 9:27 PM
Ivan and I love the whole black beans in the can. We add cumin, garlic and cooking sherry and make Cuban beans. Good stuff.
raehink said...
January 25, 2010 at 7:30 PM