I love January. I know lots of people who have a thing with January...and there's not much love going on. The holidays are over, it's still cold, nothing fun to look forward to in the immediate future. Blah, blah, blah. But I really truly do love it. January makes me want to declutter, reorganize, and rearrange furniture. I don't neccessarily think the process of doing these things is fun. I'm not that weird, but I love the end results after it's all over. Correction. I really do love the process of rearranging furniture. If someone ever came in and screwed my furniture to the floor I'd....well I don't know what I'd do, so it's a good thing it's not likely to ever happen. Most everything in my life is pretty much the same, so moving furniture adds a bit of unpredictability. In other words, it's cheap therapy.
Anyway. Next on my list of January's joyous projects is to tackle the linen closet. It's not that big, but with as much stuff as I have crammed in there you'd think it was the size of a whole storage unit. It's not a pretty sight...YET. I'm exited about this little, or maybe not so little project, except for one thing. How the heck do you fold a fitted sheet to look nice? I always try to do a good job, and then end up frustrated and rolling it up into a somewhat organized ball of fluff. My fitted sheets single-handedly destroy the beauty of my linen closet. Please...HELP.
In fact, I'll show you just how bad it is.

Ooooh. I just had an idea. I bet there's an online tutorial for people like me. Surely I'm not the only one. And if there's not one, I'm going to find out how and show you myself. Step by step, with pictures and all. Betcha can't wait.
Soon I'll be folding like a champion.
****I'll be back. Googling "how to fold a fitted sheet." ****
*** Searching*****Searching*******almost there***
AH HA! So here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTyH2nuFAw This guy is good. He's surely got the answers for all of your fitted sheet issues. And I was right. I'm not the only one. There are 224, 170 other people as clueless as me.
Now let's see if I can actually do it.
you have officially lost your mind.
robin said...
January 19, 2010 at 1:41 PM