Pages

Just me and Lily home tonight.  Reas took the others camping. Wonderful, isn't it.  I opted out this time after realizing that the camping nightime memories of Yellowstone with a one year-old are still a little too vivid in my mind.  Being home alone with only a sleeping baby is completely weird.  I don't remember the last time I was this alone.  I'm realizing that when I have the freedom to do whatever I want, I don't know what the heck to do.  All day I tried to come up with a plan for after everyone left so I wouldn't waste a single minute.  I never did really decide.  I called my party animal sister in CA to see if she wanted to come for a sleepover.  She declined...something about her 5 kids and husband needing her and needing to be responsible.  Gah!  Some sister.  So Lily and I jumped in the car and just waited to see where we ended up.  First the car decided it wanted to go pay a visit to the Michael's parking lot.  Huh!  How convenient for me...I was needing some spray paint and stuff.  Then the car smelled Chinese food from down the road and insisted we follow our noses.  Then Lily reminded me about the filled up punch card for Golden Spoon that was burning a hole in my pocket.  I don't know who put that in there.  And finally, Red Box was just calling to me.  See how obedient I am?  I seemed to fill up my evening just fine.  I totally forgot what it was like to sit through a whole movie uninterrupted.  Not kidding.  I didn't get up once (except when I decided I was ready to get my frozen yogurt out of the freezer...totally worth the 12 steps to get there).  Too bad the movie was a bust.  The Proposal - I don't recommend it.  I thought I'd be safe with Sandra Bullock.  Is there anyone who doesn't love While You Were Sleeping?  Probably, but that's not the point. Guess I just should've watched that one for the kabillionth time instead.  Now I'm heading upstairs to finish Mockingjay.  Have to say, I LOVED the first two books.  In fact, Reas doesn't know it, but our next girl will be named Katniss Gale.  He better pray really hard for a boy.  I just don't think I could do Peeta.  It sounds so wussy.  Now "Katniss" on the other hand, just makes me think G.I Jane meets beauty and perfection. Book 3, sadly enough, isn't grabbing me quite the same way as the others, but yes I have to finish it.  Wow.  This is really a weird all over the place post, fitting for a weird out of my mommy element night.

 Wonder how Reas is faring... he he.

One more thought on The Hunger Games.  When I first started reading the first one I remember thinking, "Katniss?!"  How can I fall in love with a heroine name Katniss?  And now....Katniss is a nice name.  Funny how that happens.

2 comments:

Please let me know what you think of mockingjay. I came close to having a book burning. I Loved the first two but not so much with mockingjay. I mean I would still definitely name any future children katniss or peeta but most certainly will not be re reading the book. ;)

September 18, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

i loved the first two also, but the third was kinda different for me. i know how you feel about the names though i told james i wanted to name (if we ever have another and a girl) Rue because i loved that name so much.

September 20, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home