Pages

I wouldn't doubt that I've become Our Best Bites most dedicated follower.  We've loved everything we've tried and I love that most of the recipes are normal person meals.  Like yes, I do have a life outside of the kitchen and no, I don't want to spend 4 hours at the grocery store (with helpers) searching for ingredients that no one's heard of.  These ladies are real people too.  

Sept. 27 - Oct. 3

Monday:  BBQ pork sandwiches
Tuesday:  chicken cacciatore
Wednesday: jambablaya
Thursday: Spinach raviolis
Friday: tacos
Saturday: grilled chicken
Sunday: black bean soup

Last week was a pretty darn successful week of dinners.  I'm having a hard time deciding which recipe to pass along.  I'D love to share them all, but my kids seem to think that it's time for me to get off the computer.  So for the sake of time, I'm forced to choose.   We LOVED the creamy chicken taquitos.  I used flour tortillas instead of corn, so they were more like baked burritos, but the flavor is soooo good.

Biscuits and gravy have become a favorite for everyone.  I think Reas and I were married about 2 seconds before I discovered his thing for biscuits and gravy.  I had no clue how to make sausage gravy, but being the good little 21 year-old wife that I was, I called up Crystalin, the dinnertime diva (keep in mind, she would never go as far as calling herself that) to find out how she made it.  This was pre-blogging days of course, so she instructed me over the phone while I scribbled down notes with an actual pen and paper.   Now you can find her recipe for the gravy as well as the most awesome buttery biscuits you will ever lay your paws on, right here.  If you're a biscuits and gravy kind of person, really these biscuits are the ONLY way to go.

1 comments:

I loooove our best bites also. I may just have to arme you wrestle you for the title of most dedicated follower. How many recipes did you make of theirs this week? Huh? Huh?

By the way, I was really scared to try their recipe for chipotle chocolate chili. Really scared. Chocolate? Really?

Carrie, you have got to try it. It was awesome! Their bacon wrapped green bean bundles were Ah-mazing, and the worlds best dinner rolls were great too! Oh, and try the apple streusel. It was delish also!

Happy cooking!

September 26, 2010 at 5:45 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home