Thanks everyone for leaving those experimental comments on my last post. I think we're up and running again.
This week is Spring Break for our kids. Unfortunately, we've had kind of nasty windy weather most of the week, so we've mostly just hung out together at home...played with play-doh, done puzzles, had extra piano lessons. They might be a little disappointed but for me, it's been great. I've realized that I have about 90% more things to laugh about when kids are home all day. Really truly, my life would be boring without them. I'd probably just paint and change my furniture around all day... very dull stuff like that.
I love when the three oldest are in deep conversation together without a clue that I'm listening. Here's what I've overheard recently from Claire, the affectionate sweetie, Ty the only BOY who's trying to find his way among numerous sisters, and Maggie, the wise and all-knowing teacher:
Claire: Ty, I LOVE you! I'm going to MARRY you.
Ty: Ewwwww. No way!
Maggie: You can't marry Ty! Brothers and sisters and cousins aren't allowed to marry eachother. If they do, their kids will be bald and only have ONE eye.
Not sure she can document that, but I think we'll just go on letting them believe it.
Labels: kidtalk
Here's an idea, maybe make a new blog and start all over. Is it possible to transfer all the data over? I know, it's not a great idea, but I tried to help a friend with the comments section on her blog and I could never figure it out. So, it's still messed up. I understand the frustration!
Amber and Co. said...
April 1, 2010 at 3:26 PM
hahaha! thanks for the best laugh of the day! that is too funny!
Ammo and Josh said...
April 1, 2010 at 7:14 PM
Made me laugh this morning, which is hard to do since it's 7am and I'm tired because I've been up since 5:45 and I didn't go to bed until midnight.
Funny story about cousins marrying eachother:
I'm not sure if you remember, but my dad is adopted. Growing up, my cousin Danior and I liked to play together. As we got older though, when we would hang out together, my Grandpa Herle would tell me and Danior that we should marry eachother. When we expressed our "disgust" because we were related and cousins shouldn't marry eachother, he'd reassure us that it was okay because we "weren't really cousins anyway". Funny man! Good thing I didn't listen to him. I'd hate to have a bald kid with only one eye...Well, I'm starting to wonder about the little girl across the street. She is four...and practically bald. Hmmm. I wonder?
Tera said...
April 2, 2010 at 6:20 AM
Hey Carrie, don't mind me and my spazy comments ;) see you around.
PixieShtick said...
April 4, 2010 at 11:41 AM