I'm so excited to finally have more pictures to share from Maggie's new room. We took a lengthy break from finishing it up because of a major inspiration freeze for one wall. I have one last little project to complete and then her room gets a big fat check mark next to it! I'm tired of waiting, so I'm going to show it anyway.
For now, there's room in her closet to designate the lower shelf for her books and other odds and ends. I'm hoping that will cut back on some clutter
This wall was so fun to do. Maggie did the artwork herself (inspired by this project), which she loves! The pink flower is a prized possession from her 15 year-old cousin/idol. I never quite knew what to do with it, but I think it's perfect here. My favorite for sure is the dresser. I can't get over how perfect the color came out! You can see it in its "before" state here.
All along, I was hoping the existing window treatments would be able to work. They were the first ones I ever made and this is the only window in the entire house that is the right size. I'm so happy Maggie gave them the thumbs up! I love how they add a little sophistication, but if you ask me, toile fits anywhere.
And there you have it. Ta da! A big girl, but not too big girl room. It was a labor of love for my sweet Maggie with touches of homemade everywhere. And just because I like to think about how much money I save, soon I'll be posting the budget breakdown.
I'm linking this post up to Just a Girl's Show and Share Day.

Labels: kid's rooms, Maggie
I love it! love love love it
Crys said...
April 12, 2010 at 1:47 PM
It looks great! Looks perfect for an 8 year old girl!
Amber and Co. said...
April 12, 2010 at 3:46 PM
very cute carrie!
and no, guys don't really talk about that stuff. (especially not josh.) it was just a moment of complete comical brilliance from him.
robin said...
April 12, 2010 at 5:23 PM
You are such a fun mommy!
Tera said...
April 12, 2010 at 6:04 PM
Wow! It looks great. Maggie must love it, and what a lucky girl to have such a clever mom. I keep looking at our walls and wishing you were closer.
Ingrid said...
April 12, 2010 at 7:03 PM
Looks GREAT! I love the DREAM sign!
Megan said...
April 13, 2010 at 8:41 PM
Very cute! I also did a post about my daughter's room. I just love little girl rooms! I love the color of the dresser. And that flower looks so cute and whimsical on the wall. (Okay, it's after midnight...am I even spelling whimsical right??)
Amber @ www.itsgreeneroverhere.blogspot.com
Unknown said...
April 14, 2010 at 9:22 PM
I should have left the link for my daughter's room. Here it is.
http://itsgreeneroverhere.blogspot.com/2010/03/graces-bedroom.html
Amber said...
April 15, 2010 at 12:35 PM
Looks absolutely darling!! Come and help me at my house. I'm ready for another visit already. Maybe you could visit me...
Mandagirl said...
April 16, 2010 at 1:49 PM