One year ago today, I was in the hospital right at this exact moment. I was staring into Lily's brand new little face for the first time. She was a stranger, but someone who I loved beyond words already. Before touching her cheek, kissing her head, or smelling her smell, I knew she would change our lives forever. It is truly a miracle and a gift from God that a mother is incapapable of running out of love. One baby, four, five...it doesn't matter. A mother's heart keeps on growing right along with her family. That day my heart opened willingly, welcoming one more spirit to love, teach, and nurture. She is a gift.
Happy Birthday sweet Lily girl.
Has it been a year already? I can't believe it! Happy Birthday Lily! And Carrie, you will always be the best looking "I just had a baby" mom there ever was. Time for another one????
Tera said...
April 18, 2010 at 3:22 PM
What sweet pictures of Lily! Happy Birthday. Did she love her cake?
Ingrid said...
April 18, 2010 at 8:22 PM
Happy Birthday Lily!!! She is such a doll. I don't know where to begin on commenting...fun projects, awesome garden, you are quite the super star. I really need gardening tips, I would kill for some tomatoes, well maybe not kill, but for sure hurt somebody.
Jori said...
April 19, 2010 at 1:56 PM
Happy Birthday, cute girl!
Mandagirl said...
April 20, 2010 at 1:22 PM