Pages

We're good at growing lots of stuff around here.

Growing blonde kids.

Growing laundry piles.

Growing dirty dishes.

So we're putting our growing skills to the test.


We are GROWING A GARDEN. A full blown green and living (for now) vegetable garden.  Of course, it's a little small compared to some.  But hey, we're working with what we've got:  that is, limited yard space, native dirt that's about as vitamin rich as a bucket of gravel, and scorching temperatures.  Can you sense my overwhelming optimism?

This journey began a few weeks ago.  I'll just say lots and LOTS of bags of Miracle Grow were involved.






And now...we have some green baby tomatos!!





Wish us luck. It's going to be a long, HOT summer.

2 comments:

I was seriously just talking to Josh about wanting to start a garden but wasn't sure how it would hold up with the desert heat. I know nothing about gardens but always thought it would be nice to grow some of my own herbs and veggies. Super cool!!

April 15, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

It sounds like we grow the same kinds of things. Hope that your garden does well too. It looks really nice, and I am sure it is getting a lot of love, so it will be great. We'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of your harvest.:)

April 16, 2010 at 11:25 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home