Yesterday Ty put his whole heart into his debut baseball game. On the ride over to the ball field, he kept telling me, "I'm gonna slam it, mom!" Of course, me being the emotional and protective mom that I am did NOT want him to be disappointed when or if he never hit the ball. So I gave him the whole justtryyourbestandhavefunbutsometimeswestrikeoutandthat'sok talk.
He listened to my pep talk and humored me, and then said, "I'm gonna whack it!" I sure hoped so.
I don't know what was more fun - seeing how excited Ty was about the big game or watching Reas sprint from the parking lot all the way to the field in order to get there in time for the first pitch of the season. He's the epitome of a proud dad. I think we've got a long baseball career ahead of us. And I'm now officially a baseball mom...good thing I've got a minivan.
I'm happy to report that Ty slammed it indeed. He went 3 for 3 at the plate, scored 3 times, and had an RBI. I know it's only a matter of time before we're all humbled, but for now our kid's batting 1000!
Way to go #7!
Labels: Ty
It is always amazing to watch when a child finds their true passion. I remember when you guys were here visiting how impressed I was with Ty and his ball skills. And that was almost a year ago! Way to go Ty!
Tera said...
April 8, 2010 at 11:43 AM
He sure is cute in his uniform, and of course he slammed it. I love the second picture of him in the field. Way to go Ty!
Ingrid said...
April 8, 2010 at 12:24 PM
You an Reas must be so proud! Sounds like you got a long career as a baseball mom ahead of you. Who better though, really?
Megan Rowerdink said...
April 8, 2010 at 2:16 PM
Trevor was a Raptor his first year of t-ball. It is cute to see them dressed up the same!
mamazita said...
April 12, 2010 at 8:30 PM