Today was a day of all days...for a few reasons. First, PERFECT weather. It could not have been any more gorgeous. Second, my big girls and I went out and partied for the afternoon and hit some of Vegas' hot spots...that would be ahem, Goodwill, the Discount Mall (which I only just learned about today), and DI of course. Such good company and I'm telling you these girls are definitely DIYers in training. First let me just share this little picture with you...
This was taken as we were heading out for our shopping extravaganza. Are they dressed to kill or what! I know. The sunglasses are killin' me too.
The highlight of the day, hands down was when Maggie picked up this, um, THING. I don't even know how to describe it and have absolutely no idea what it was, but I can say it was made of metal. That I know. Anyway. she picked it up, turned it around a couple of times and said, "Mom, I bet we could make this cute! Maybe by cutting this part off and then painting it. We could put flowers in it or something." Now THAT was a moment.
We didn't buy the metal thing because I could not for the life of me think of what to do with it (I talked her out of the flower idea). Maybe I should have, and let Maggie have a go at it. So metal thing stayed, but plenty came home with us. Let me share some of my favorites.
A set of 4 bamboo-ish placemats, although I won't be using them as such.
A totally gorgeous frame... you can't tell how big it is in the picture. Those are all 4x6" openings so it's pretty dang big. And the frame is so big and chunky. Love love. Imagine it white with a bit of antiquing and dark wood peaking through.
And another frame. And again this picture is totally not doing it justice. Believe me it's awesome. It's like 2 inches deep, almost more like a shadow box with glass.
And my favorite... a lovely, yes it is lovely or will be after I'm through with it anyway...storage cabinet.
The best part about it is what's on the inside, but you'll have to wait to see that part.
Maggie and Claire found themselves quite the treasures as well. Claire fell in love with a pink plastic blowdryer for her 100% bald baby dolls. 25 cents. How could I say no? There was only a minor set back when we got home and she realized that it wasn't real. Maggie got herself a groovy pair of zebra striped sunglasses. I know I'm her mom, but they actually look stinkin cute on her. Only an 8 year-old...yes only.
So there you have it. Our fun girly day out on the town. And now I'm totally pumped to start on my new projects.
Until next time.
What a fun day to spark your creativity. And what a good husband you must have to foster this and take care of the other kiddos for you!
Tera said...
April 18, 2010 at 7:18 AM
Those girls are just TOO cute! Can't wait to see how you work your magic on those fabulous finds!
Mom said...
April 18, 2010 at 8:00 PM